So much happens at our Canterbury, West Coast and Central Otago kindergartens every day, and you can read about it on our kindergarten news pages.
Our Whānau Connect section is a great place to go for more information about how activities lead to learning, ways to take the learning home, and tips from our experienced kaiako to support you through these earliest years of your child’s education.
- Days filled with sunshine 3 Sep 2020Days filled with sunshine 3 Sep 2020From excursions to lambs and daffodils, after the long months of winter (which admittedly have their own set of fun things to do) it's nice to see the sunshine and the freedom of warmer, drier days.Read More
- Excellence Recognised In Kidsfirst #BetterBecause Awards 3 Sep 2020Excellence Recognised In Kidsfirst #BetterBecause Awards 3 Sep 2020When people gathered for the annual AGM, they were also there to see who'd been selected as recipients of the 2020 Kidsfirst Better Because Awards.Read More
- Generous Koha Spreads Winter Warmth 3 Sep 2020Generous Koha Spreads Winter Warmth 3 Sep 2020Kidsfirst Kindergartens were the very grateful recipient of an incredible koha of 230 pairs of winter shoes, donated by 2FeetTall.Read More
- Kidsfirst Chief Executive Honoured with Pākē 3 Sep 2020Kidsfirst Chief Executive Honoured with Pākē 3 Sep 2020Kidsfirst Kindergartens Chief Executive Sherryll Wilson was recently presented with a new cloak by Kaiako Māori to acknowledge her guardianship over both Kidsfirst as an association and the concept of kindergarten, during difficult and challenging times.Read More
- Wales street tamariki look towards our future 3 Sep 2020Wales street tamariki look towards our future 3 Sep 2020Kaitiakitanga (care for the world around us) is such an important concept at our kindergartens, and a focus of life in every kindy, every day. Read More
- Helping children through hard times 26 Feb 2019Helping children through hard times 26 Feb 2019Every community and all whānau go through hard times, and sometimes it can feel overwhelming. Whether it's a global pandemic, or something challenging going on at home, our Kidsfirst community has been through a lot - and learned a lot about helping tamarki through. Read More