CANTERBURY WESTLAND KINDERGARTEN ASSOCIATION (Inc)
1. What Are Cookies
1.1. Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you.
1.2. Cookies are either "persistent" or "session". Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the site. A persistent cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it. How long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie.
2. First And Third Party Cookies
Kidsfirst sets cookies (first party cookies) on the website, however, where we require additional information and services, we also allow other companies to host cookies on our web pages (third party cookies). These partner companies have been carefully selected and are monitored by us. Third party cookies that our partners set on our website will support the customisation of advertisements viewed elsewhere on the internet.
3.1. When you use and access the Kidsfirst website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser. This is to make Kidsfirst sites easier to use and to better tailor Kidsfirst products and services to your interests and needs.
3.2. Cookies can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3.4. When Kidsfirst include links to other websites, each site will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies as Kidsfirst is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
4. What Type Of Cookies Do We Use?
- These cookies are used for technical reasons and are necessary to enable the Kidsfirst website to operate efficiently so that visitors can navigate around the website with ease and use specific features. These include, for example, cookies that make it possible for you to submit our forms and for us to block fraudulent traffic. If you set your browser to block these cookies, then these functions and services will not work for you. We also will not be able to save your preferences about cookies, requiring you to re-enter these in your browser each time.
4.2. Performance & Statistics
- These cookies measure how often you visit Kidsfirst websites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how users engage with Kidsfirst activities and to improve our sites, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of Kidsfirst pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages.
- These cookies are used to improve the functionality of the Kidsfirst website and make them easier for visitors to use. They help us to identify you as a repeat visitor to the website and help us remember your preferences or settings when you return to the Kidsfirst website, so that we can provide you with a more personalised experience. For example, to remember your preferred settings to watch one of Kidsfirst embedded YouTube or Vimeo videos. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- These cookies are used to collect information about your visit to the Kidsfirst website, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address in order to serve you with relevant advertisements once you are back on Google or Facebook.
5. How To Manage Cookies
5.1. If you would like to block some or all of the cookies on the Kidsfirst websites from being downloaded onto your computer or device, you can do this by manually adjusting the cookie settings on your internet browser. To learn how to manage the cookie preferences on your internet browser, click on the 'Help' menu on the internet browser.
5.2. However, if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features the Kidsfirst websites offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
5.3. To learn more about the advertising and performance cookies present on the Kidsfirst website from third parties and how to disable them, please refer to the pages below.
6. Useful Links
6.1. If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, please visit:
6.2. For more information on how to control your cookie settings and browser settings on your computer, and how to delete cookies on your hard drive, please visit
7. Contact Us
Last updated on 12 November 2019
Fax: 03 338 1086
Postal Details: Kidsfirst Kindergartens, PO Box 8089, Christchurch 8440
Information including that about fees, services and promotional activities were correct at the date of publication of news stories but may since have changed. Please check with us to ensure information is current.