Welcome to our Whānau
There are so many places parents and whānau can find stories and ideas to support their journey, but getting practical, local, trustworthy information is not always easy.
Our Whanau Connect pages are designed to provide you with a resource to complement your Kidsfirst experience. Here, you’ll find a mix of home grown wisdom, academic and developmental ideas that resonate with the kindergarten philosophy and draw on the decades of experience of our teaching teams, as well as experts in a variety of fields.
Ngā mihi from all the team at Kidsfirst
Ngā tamariki, te ako, te katakata
The children, the learning, the laughter
- Ready, set, go! Your child's first day 26 Feb 2019Ready, set, go! Your child's first day 26 Feb 2019The lunchbox is packed, the backpack waiting expectantly by the front door, and your toddler or preschooler is champing at the bit to finally become a ‘kindy kid’.Read More
- What is learning through play, and does it really prepare children for school? 26 Feb 2019What is learning through play, and does it really prepare children for school? 26 Feb 2019What is play-based learning at the heart of Kidsfirst founding philosophy and educational programme? Can it really prepare children for school and beyond?Read More
- Benefits of mixed age groups 26 Feb 2019Benefits of mixed age groups 26 Feb 2019One of the great things about kindergarten is that children get to learn, play and grow alongside others of all ages. Read More
- Encouraging independence 26 Feb 2019Encouraging independence 26 Feb 2019There are so many ways to help your preschooler become more independent in day-to- day life, but it’s not always easy to find the time or patience...Read More
- Help! My child won't let me leave 26 Feb 2019Help! My child won't let me leave 26 Feb 2019It can be hard to let go. Find out our tips to help you get over kindy drop-off drama.
- Is my child ready for school? 26 Feb 2019Is my child ready for school? 26 Feb 2019Knowing whether or not your child is ready for that big step of starting school isn’t as easy as just ticking their fifth birthday off on your calendar. Read More
- The benefits of learning te reo Māori 26 Feb 2019The benefits of learning te reo Māori 26 Feb 2019So many more Kiwis are learning Te Reo Māori. There are some benefits that come with giving it ago, no matter your age.Read More
- Worried your child isn’t making friends? 26 Feb 2019Worried your child isn’t making friends? 26 Feb 2019“How can I help my child make friends?” is one of the most common questions parents ask. Discover our teachers’ tips to help your child develop social skills. Read More