OUR TOP STORIES:
- Wales St, summer splashWales St, summer splashTamariki at Kidsfirst Wales Street make a splash in the summer heat. Read More
- Sunbeam, monarch magicSunbeam, monarch magicWhat can a monarch butterfly/kahuku teach children at kindergarten? Read More
- Maniototo, musterer's shedManiototo, musterer's shedKidsfirst Maniototo's musterer's shed is a cool place to be on a hot day. Read More
- Network, what do you love most?Network, what do you love most?We asked teachers around the network just what it is about their outdoor area they love most. Read More
- Wales Street, Te Ika A MāuiWales Street, Te Ika A MāuiKidsfirst Wales Street tamariki explored the Māori legends of Te Ika A Māui with painted murals. Read More
- Riccarton, Te Rā the sunRiccarton, Te Rā the sunTamariki explore the Māori legends of Te Rā (the sun) with creative art works. Read More
- New beginningsNew beginningsTamariki are off to a great start at Kidsfirst West Rolleston. Read More
- Daltons Sunflowers Daltons Sunflowers Our budding gardeners take sunflower growing to great heights for Daltons competition. Read More
- Budding writer Rhythm Budding writer Rhythm Kidsfirst Hei Hei's Rhythm has a passion for writing and gave Chinese characters a go Read More
- Christmas creationsChristmas creationsTamariki created festive candy canes to hang on the Christmas tree at home Read More
Kidsfirst Kindergartens Sunbeam won the Proud Award 2015, for the Kidsfirst At Our Hearts Awards celebrated at the AGM in May.
The judges said that this teaching team have a sense of pride in every minute of every day, from the moment they arrive. They begin by providing an environment rich with learning experiences. The teachers are committed to share their pedagogical (teaching methods) knowledge within the learning community.
HEAR WHAT ESM REBECCA CHATWIN HAS TO SAY....
Kidsfirst Sunbeam are proud of what they do every day. Proud of what they know they are doing in their community. Proud of the difference they make inspiring other teachers and the extended community with sharing their innovation, knowledge and skills.
It's fair to say that the team at Kidsfirst Sunbeam are absolutely proud of their work, they stand tall and they know that what they are doing is making a difference in the lives of others.
Kidsfirst Sunbeam were empowered receiving the 2015 Proud Award. Head Teacher, Neroli Gardner shares her team’s thoughts, “It’s important to us to feel proud of what we do as individuals, as a team and as a collective group at Kidsfirst. Our award is proudly on display which has led to congratulations from parents and more conversations about what we do well.”
Neroli further comments about the appeal of attending AGM, “We like to attend as a team to support our parent representatives and the Kidsfirst Board for the work they do for us. It’s also nice to see what other teams have been doing - there’s a lot to be inspired by.”
Congratulations to the team at Kidsfirst Subeam.
The Kidsfirst At Our Heart Awards reflect the core values of Kidsfirst
and what we believe in.
... with people, places, opportunities, ideas and our heritage
... and always striving
to do more
of the difference we make in lives, every day
People are at our heart
We love what we do
and it shows